Programmable multiple wireless computing platform for onboard applications. Support up-to-4 wireless modules in -40 ~ 70°C environment, with conformal coating.
- Complies with all EN 50155 mandatory test items*
- EN 50155 Tx (-40 to 70°C) operating temperature for harsh environments
- Supports up to 3 WWAN connections and 2 SIM card slots per cellular module
- Supports 1 WLAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac) connection
- Single-panel I/O design for reduced installation space and easier maintenance
- Front-side access panel for easy maintenance
- Isolated 24 to 110 VDC power input with power-ignition function suitable for vehicle applications
- 5-year warranty
*This product is suitable for rolling stock railway applications, as deﬁned by the
EN 50155 standard. For a more detailed statement, click here:
Moxa's UC-8580 is an innovative computing platform designed specifically for transportation applications.
The UC-8580 has four slots for installing wireless modules*. Three slots support 3G/LTE modules, and one slot supports a Wi-Fi module. Each 3G/LTE module has two SIM card slots, which can be used to enable redundant cellular network communications or geo-fencing SIM card selection by leveraging the built-in Wireless Manager, a Moxa software utility for cellular and Wi-Fi management.
The UC-8580 uses an open platform based on Debian 8 with Linux Kernel 4.1, allowing solution providers to manage software packages via Debian’s APT (Advanced Packaging Tools), or develop software applications with Moxa’s API Library and GNU C Library.
The UC-8580’s single-sided I/O design is ideal for vehicle applications, which typically do not have a lot of room for installing communications devices. The UC-8580 also has an access panel on the front side, allowing users to install or change wireless modules, SIM cards, or mSATA cards without needing to remove the entire unit from the wall after being mounted.
The UC-8580 can be used as a communication-centric computing platform for the following applications:
• Vehicle-to-ground communication gateway
• TCMS T2G (train-to-ground) gateway
• Mobile condition monitoring unit
• Ethernet Consist Network T2G gateway
• Onboard wireless automated fare collection unit
*Wireless modules must be purchased separately.
1-meter X-coded M12-to-RJ45 Cat-5E UTP Gigabit Ethernet cable, 8-pin male M12 connector, IP67-rated
Phoenix Contact 8-pin male X-coded M12-to-RJ45 Cat.5e UTP gigabit Ethernet cable, 2 meter, IP67-rated
Phoenix Contact 4-pin female A-coded connector
Phoenix Contact 4-pin male A-coded connector
Phoenix Contact 8-pin male X-coded connector
Antenna, Cellular band on UMTS/LTE, Omni directional, 2 dBi, rubber SMA
Antenna, Cellular US band on UMTS/LTE, Omni directional, rubber
26 dBi, 1572 MHz, L1 band antenna for GPS
Computing Hardware Accessories
LTE Cat.3 module for North America, 2 SMA connectors with cable, 2 screws.
Phoenix Contact 4-pin female A-coded M12-Open power cable, 1.5 meter, IP67-rated
Phoenix Contact 4-pin female A-coded M12-Open power cable, 3 meter, IP67-rated
Adaptors / Power Cords
Power adapter with input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, 1.5A, output: 24 VDC,2.5 A, 64.8 W, for test and system development in the office under ambient temperature
Power Cord USA Straight Plug
Wireless LAN Antennas
2.4/5.5GHz 2dBi dual-band antenna, RP-SMA(male) connector