- Cost-effective VDSL2 Slave / Master bridge solution
- One box design, Slave / Master selectable via DIP Switch
- Defines asymmetric (Plan 998) and symmetric (Plan 997) band plans for the transmission of upstream and downstream signals
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u and IEEE 802.3x standards
- DMT (Discrete Multi-Tone) line coding
- Half duplex Back pressure and IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Pause frame flow control
- Built-in POTS splitter to share voice and data
- Two RJ-11 connectors for each VDSL port, one for VDSL connection and one for POTS connection
- Voice and data communication can be shared simultaneously based on the existing telephone wire
- Supports up to 1536 bytes packet size, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
- VDSL2 stand-alone transceiver for simple bridge modem application
- Advantage of minimum installation time (Simply as Plug-and-Play)
- Selectable target band plan and target SNR margin
- Supports extensive LED indicators for network diagnostics
- Co-work with MC family Media Chassis (MC-700 / 1500/ 1500R)
- Compact in size, easy installation
Ethernet Distance Extension
Two VC-201A acting as a standalone pair is good for Ethernet distance extension over existing telephone wires. With just one pair of AWG-24 copper wire, you can easily connect two Ethernet networks together with the data rate of maximum 100/55Mbps. Telephone service can still be used while the modems are in operation. The two solutions listed below are typical applications for the Ethernet over VDSL converter.
MTU / MDU / Hospitality Solution
The VC-201A is a perfect solution to quickly provide cost-effective yet high speed network services to multi-unit buildings such as residential buildings (multi-dwelling units) , commercial (multi-tenant units) buildings, hotels or hospitals. By utilizing the existing telephony infrastructure, network installation is straightforward and requires no new wiring. With up to 100/55Mbps transmission, Video on Demand, IP telephony and various broadband services can be easily provisioned.
Last Mile of FTTx deployment
The VC-201A is an ideal solution for FTTx (Fiber to the Building, Fiber to the Campus or Fiber to the Node) applications. It supports high bandwidth VDSL2 over existing telephone wires in the â??last mileâ?? from the ISP / Telecom / Service providerâ??s fiber node to the buildings and customersÂ´ home. The 10/100Mbps port of VC-201A can be directly connected to a PC or to Ethernet devices such as Ethernet Switches or Broadband Routers. It is excellent for phone line network built by Internet because every room or house could use the existing phone line to transmit data through the Internet and the whole building could share the Internet to the wider area network with minimum cost.