Moxa NPort 5110 w/o adapter
1 Port Device Server, 10/100M Ethernet, RS-232, DB9 male, 12-48VDC, w/o adapter
Features and Benefits
- Small size for easy installation
- Real COM/TTY drivers for Windows and Linux
- Standard TCP/IP interface and versatile operation modes
- Easy-to-use Windows utility for configuring multiple device servers
- SNMP MIB-II for network management
- Configure by Telnet, web browser, or Windows utility
- Adjustable pull high/low resistor for RS-485 ports
NPort 5100 series device servers are designed to make serial devices network-ready in an instant. The small size of the servers makes them ideal for connecting devices such as card readers and payment terminals to an IP-based Ethernet LAN. Use the NPort 5100 series device servers to give your PC software direct access to serial devices from anywhere on the network.
Most Cost-effective Serial-to-Ethernet Solution
Using serial device servers to connect legacy serial devices to Ethernet is now commonplace, and users expect device servers to be cost effective and to provide a broad selection of useful functions. With its full support of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and solid 5-year warranty, the NPort® 5100 series provides the best choice for serial-to-Ethernet converters.
Adjustable Termination and Pull High/Low Resistors
In some critical environments, termination resistors may be needed to prevent the reflection of serial signals. When using termination resistors, it is also important to set the pull high/low resistors correctly so that the electrical signal is not corrupted. Since no set of resistor values is universally compatible with all environments, the NPort® 5100 device servers come with jumpers for adjusting termination and pull high/low resistor values for each serial port.
Standard TCP/IP Interface and Broad Choice of Operation Modes
The NPort® 5100 device servers can be configured for TCP Server,TCP Client, UDP Server/Client, Pair Connection, or Ethernet Modem mode, ensuring compatibility with software based on a standard network API (e.g., Winsock or BSD Sockets).
Real COM/TTY Drivers for Existing Software
The Real COM/TTY drivers provided with the NPort® 5100 device servers allow you to continue using software designed for communicating through COM/TTY ports. Installation and configuration is painless, and allows your serial devices and PC to communicate seamlessly over a TCP/IP network. Using Moxa’s Real COM/TTY drivers is an excellent way to preserve your software investment, while still allowing you to enjoy the benefits of networking your serial devices.
Easy to Troubleshoot
NPort® 5100 device servers support SNMP, which can be used to monitor all units over Ethernet. Each unit can be configured to send trap messages automatically to the SNMP manager when user-defined errors are encountered. For users who do not use SNMP manager, an e-mail alert can be sent instead. Users can define the trigger for the alerts using Moxa’s Windows utility, or the web console. For example, alerts can be triggered by a warm start, a cold start, or a change in password.
• Ethernet Interface Number of Ports 1 Speed 10/100 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX Connector 8-pin RJ45 Magnetic Isolation Protection 1.5 kV built-in • Serial Interface Number of Ports 1 Serial Standards NPort 5110: RS-232
NPort 5130: RS-422/485
NPort 5150: RS-232/422/485
Connector DB9 male RS-485 Data Direction Control ADDC® (Automatic Data Direction Control) Pull High/Low Resistor for RS-485 1 kΩ, 150 kΩ • Serial Communication Parameters Data Bits 5, 6, 7, 8 Stop Bits 1, 1.5, 2 Parity None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark Flow Control RTS/CTS and DTR/DSR (RS-232 only), XON/XOFF Baudrate Supports standard baudrates (unit=bps)
NPort 5110: 110, 134, 150, 300, 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 4800, 7200, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230.4k
NPort 5130/5150: 50, 75, 110, 134, 150, 300, 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 4800, 7200, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230.4k, 460.8k, 921.6k
• Serial Signals RS-232 TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, GND RS-422 Tx+, Tx-, Rx+, Rx-, GND RS-485-4w Tx+, Tx-, Rx+, Rx-, GND RS-485-2w Data+, Data-, GND • Software Network Protocols ICMP, IPv4, TCP, UDP, DHCP, BOOTP, Telnet, DNS, SNMP V1, ARP, HTTP, SMTP Configuration Options Web Console, Serial Console (NPort 5110/5150 only), Telnet Console, Windows Utility Windows Real COM Drivers Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000, Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/10 (x86/x64), Windows 2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 (x64), Windows Embedded CE 5.0/6.0, Windows XP Embedded Fixed TTY Drivers SCO Unix, SCO OpenServer, UnixWare 7, QNX 4.25, QNX 6, Solaris 10, FreeBSD, AIX 5.x, HP-UX 11i, Mac OS X Linux Real TTY Drivers Linux 2.4.x, 2.6.x, 3.x, 4.x Android API Android 3.1.x and later • Physical Characteristics Housing Metal Weight 340 g (0.75 lb) Dimensions Without ears: 52 x 80 x 22 mm (2.05 x 3.15 x 0.87 in)
With ears: 75.2 x 80 x 22 mm (2.96 x 3.15 x 0.87 in)
• Environmental Limits Operating Temperature Standard Models: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F)
Wide Temp. Models: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F)
Storage Temperature -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F) Ambient Relative Humidity 5 to 95% (non-condensing) • Power Requirements Input Voltage 12 to 48 VDC Input Current NPort 5110: 128.7 mA @ 12 VDC
NPort 5130/5150: 200 mA @ 12 VDC
• Standards and Certifications Safety UL 60950-1 EMC EN 55032/24 EMI CISPR 32, FCC Part 15B Class A EMS IEC 61000-4-2 ESD: Contact: 4 kV; Air: 8 kV
IEC 61000-4-3 RS: 80 MHz to 1 GHz: 3 V/m
IEC 61000-4-4 EFT: Power: 1 kV; Signal: 1 kV
IEC 61000-4-5 Surge: Power: 1 kV
IEC 61000-4-6 CS: 150 kHz to 80 MHz: 3 V/m; Signal: 3 V/m
IEC 61000-4-8 PFMF
• Reliability Automatic Reboot Trigger Built-in WDT (watchdog timer) • MTBF (mean time between failures) Time NPort 5110: 3,126,448 hrs
NPort 5130: 2,836,863 hrs
NPort 5150: 2,736,202 hrs
Standard Telcordia (Bellcore) Standard TR/SR • Warranty Warranty Period 5 years Details See https://www.neteon.net/support-rma-warranty/