Moxa MGate 5118-T - J1939 to Modbus/PROFINET/EtherNetIP Gateway
1-port SAE J1939 to Modbus/PROFINET/EtherNet/IP gateway -40 to 75°C operating temperature.
- Key-in-free J1939 command auto detection
- Built-in J1939 traffic monitoring/diagnostics/live-list tools
- Supports J1939 to Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET protocol conversion
- Ready for hazardous locations: C1D2, ATEX, IECEx
- MicroSD card for configuration backup/duplication, and event log
- 2 kV CANbus and Modbus serial port isolation
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- IEC 62443-4-2 compliant
The MGate 5118 series industrial protocol gateways support the SAE J1939 protocol, which is based on CANBus (Controller Area Network). SAE J1939 is used to implement communication and diagnostics among vehicle components, diesel engine generators, and compression engines, and is suitable for the heavy duty truck industry and backup power systems. It is now common to use an engine control unit (ECU) to control these kinds of devices, and more and more applications are using PLCs for process automation to monitor the status of J1939 devices connected behind the ECU.
The MGate 5118 series gateways support the Modbus RTU/ASCII/ TCP, EtherNet/IP, and PROFINET protocols to support most PLC applications. Devices that support the J1939 protocol can be monitored and controlled by PLCs and SCADA systems that use the Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, EtherNet/IP, and PROFINET protocols. With the MGate 5118, you can use the same gateway in a variety of PLC environments
- Related Products