Moxa MGate 5109 - 1-port Modbus-to-DNP3 gateway
1-port Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP-to-DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP gateway, 0 to 60°C operating temperature
Features and Benefits
- Supports Modbus master/slave and DNP3 master/outstation
- Up to 31 Modbus serial slaves or DNP3 serial outstations
- Up to 32 Modbus TCP slaves or DNP3 TCP/UDP outstations
- Supports DNP 3.0 subset level 2
- DNP3 master mode supports up to 26600 points
- DNP3 master and outstation modes support time-synchronization
- Complete diagnosis information for maintenance
- Embedded Modbus and DNP3 serial traffic monitor
- Redundant dual DC power inputs and relay output
- microSD card for configuration backup and system log
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV built-in isolation protection
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
The MGate 5109 is an industrial Ethernet gateway for Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP and DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP protocol conversion. All models are protected with a rugged metallic casing, are DIN-rail mountable, and offer built-in serial isolation. The MGate 5109 supports transparent mode for easily integrating Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII networks or DNP3 TCP/UDP to DNP3 serial networks.The MGate 5109 series gateways support Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting, especially during the installation stage. Communication issues could be caused by incorrect software parameters, such as slave ID and register address, 5109 also support agent mode to exchange data between Modbus and DNP3 networks or to act as a data concentrator for multiple Modbus slaves or multiple DNP3 outstations. The rugged design is suitable for industrial applications such as power, oil & gas, and water and wastewater.
Easy Configuration via Web Console
The MGate 5109 series comes with an illustrated Quick Setup guide designed to make configuration easy. With Quick Setup, you can easily access protocol conversion modes and finish the configuration in a few steps. The MGate 5109 series also supports Auto Detection for DNP3 serial outstations, allowing the MGate 5109 to automatically acquire all outstation objects when configured as a DNP3 master.
Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor
The MGate 5109 series gateways support Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting, especially during the installation stage. Communication issues could be caused by incorrect software parameters, such as slave ID and register address, or incorrect command configuration. With Modbus/DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor, you can check the captured data and easily identify the root cause.
Variety of Maintenance Functions
The MGate 5109 series gateway provides a web console and Telnet console for remote maintenance. Encryption communication functions, including HTTPS and SSH, are supported to provide better network security. In addition, firmware log functions are provided to record connection events and Modbus maintenance events. Users can review log data remotely through the web console.
- Related Products