Moxa MGate 5109 Series: 1-port Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP-to-DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP gateways
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client and slave/server
- Supports DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP master and outstation (Level 2)
- DNP3 master mode supports up to 26600 points
- Supports time-synchronization through DNP3
- Effortless configuration via web-based wizard
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Redundant dual DC power inputs and relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443
Features and Benefits
The MGate 5109 is an industrial Ethernet gateway for Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP and DNP3 serial/TCP/UDP protocol conversion. All models are protected with a rugged metallic casing, are DIN-rail mountable, and offer built-in serial isolation. The MGate 5109 supports transparent mode to easily integrate Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII networks or DNP3 TCP/UDP to DNP3 serial networks. The MGate 5109 also supports agent mode to exchange data between Modbus and DNP3 networks or to act as a data concentrator for multiple Modbus slaves or multiple DNP3 outstations. The rugged design is suitable for industrial applications such as power, oil and gas, and water and wastewater.
Easy Configuration via Web Console
The MGate 5109 Series comes with an illustrated Quick Setup guide designed to make configuration easy. With Quick Setup, you can easily access protocol conversion modes and finish the configuration in a few steps. The MGate 5109 Series also supports Auto Detection for DNP3 serial outstations, allowing the MGate 5109 to automatically acquire all outstation objects when configured as a DNP3 master.
Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor
The MGate 5109 gateways support Modbus and DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting, especially during the installation stage. Communication issues could be caused by incorrect software parameters, such as slave ID and register address, or incorrect command configuration. With Modbus/DNP3 Protocol Traffic Monitor, you can check the captured data and easily identify the root cause.
A Variety of Maintenance Functions
The MGate 5109 gateways provide a web console and Telnet console for remote maintenance. Encryption communication functions, including HTTPS and SSH, are supported to provide better network security. In addition, firmware log functions are provided to record connection events and Modbus maintenance events. Users can review log data remotely through the web console.