2 Port UPCI Board, RS-232/422/485, Low Profile, Wide Temperature
Features and Benefits
- Over 700 kbps data throughput for top performance
- 128-byte FIFO and on-chip H/W, S/W flow control
- Universal PCI compatible with 3.3/5 V PCI and PCI-X
- Serial communication speed up to 921.6 kbps
- Drivers provided for a broad selection of operating systems, including the latest Windows and Linux
- Easy maintenance with on-board LED display
- On-board 15 kV ESD and 2 kV electrical isolation
- Wide temperature model available for -40 to 85°C environments
Moxa’s CP-112UL/UL-I series of multiport serial boards are designed to be used by industrial automation system integrators for long distance, multi-point, PC-based data acquisition applications. On-chip Automatic Data Direction Control for precision RS-485 communication requires precise timing control for enabling and disabling the line driver. Moxa’s Turbo Serial EngineTM chip that powers the CP-112UL/UL-I boards comes with on-chip ADDC®, which makes RS-485 as easy to use as RS-232. The boards come with 2 RS-422/485 serial ports, both of which can achieve data rates up to 921.6 kbps. In RS-485 mode, the serial port can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km. For long distance RS-485 communication, 2 kV electrical isolation protection is available to prevent equipment damage.
Drivers Provider for Windows, Linux, and Unix
Moxa continues to support a wide variety of operating systems, and the CP-112UL/UL-I boards are no exception. Reliable Windows COM and Linux/Unix TTY drivers are provided for all Moxa boards, and other operating systems, such as WEPOS, are also supported for embedded integration.